Little Seeds First Aid Classes
Our First Aid classes are facilitated by Alison Sethna, previously a General Nurse, current practicing midwife, mum of four and grandmother to young children.
Sessions are welcoming and relaxed, with a good mix of theory and practical elements. There will also be time for tea and homemade cake, with the opportunity to ask any questions that may arise!
Alison explains why she added First Aid training to her thriving Antenatal Class business:
“I believe that everyone in contact with babies and children benefits from having the knowledge and confidence of what appropriate care to give should an infant or older child become unwell or have an accident. This response of providing the initial care is important in assisting the best outcomes – whether it be a minor injury or something more serious.”
Alison is professionally qualified to teach:
- Emergency Paediactric First Aid
- Paediatric First Aid
- Newborn Life Support Practitioner
- Adult Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and safe use of an Automated External Defibrillator
- First Aid at Work
- Immediate Management of Anaphylaxis
First Aid for Expectant Parents, Parents, Grandparents and Carers of Babies and Children
During this class you will receive important and relevant information that will enable you to respond appropriately to a baby or child who is or has:
- Unresponsive and breathing
- Unresponsive and not breathing – basic cardiopulonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Severe bleeding
- Febrile convulstions
- Head injuries
- Broken bones, sprains and strains
- Recognising symptoms of meningitis
- Swallowing something harmful
- Severe allergic reaction
The Dance Studio, Oundle School Sports Centre, Milton Road, Oundle, Peterborough, PE8 4AB. Free parking is available at the venue.
Sunday 17th December, 10am – 12:30pm
Monday 5th February, 6:15pm – 8:45pm
Monday 8th April, 6:15pm – 8:45pm
£35 per person.
Tea or coffee and homemade cake are included halfway through the session.
- There are a maximum of 12 places at each session.
- Babies and children are unable to attend the session. There is also a lot of information shared, and for you to process, alongside some hands-on practice, we believe this is best facilitated through not having any babies nor children present.